Stroll Insurance’s social media channels are managed by Stroll’s internal and extended Marketing/PR teams.
When referring to Social Media we mean websites and applications that enable the creation and sharing of content and/or the participation in social networking. This includes but is not limited to sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Youtube.
Content will include the following types of information:
- Insurance product announcements and information
- Press releases
- New content published on the website
- Marketing campaigns
- General insurance market information
- General information
How We Use Social Media
- We will use our Social Media pages to distribute content and information as detailed above with Social Media users and our followers.
- We will use hashtags and tag/link to other Social Media pages where appropriate.
- We may like or respond to 3rd party and customer posts / comments, however this does not imply endorsement.
- We welcome engagement from our Social Media followers. We will respond to genuine general enquiries only via the relevant Social Media channel when possible.
- If you follow us on Twitter, we do not automatically follow back.
- We are unable to provide personal or policy information via Social Media. To ensure the security and data protection of our customers, we will request that Social Media users contact us via telephone / in branch to ensure that security procedures are followed.
- We are unable to message any of our Social Media fans unless we are ‘direct messaged’ first, therefore we may from time to time ask individuals, with queries, to ‘direct message’ us.
- We will update and monitor our Social Media accounts during office opening hours, Monday to Friday 9-6pm.
- Social Media accounts may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for our lack of service due to any downtime.
- Emerging themes or helpful suggestions are routinely passed on to the marketing, branch or web teams internally as recommendations, where appropriate.
- Social Media accounts will not be used to deal with media queries, although we reserve the right to comment on inaccurate coverage or insightful comment.
- Please note, we do NOT accept cover instructions via Social Media.
We expect social media users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of ‘house rules’ for our social media channels.
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share
- We will remove, in whole or in part, or ignore posts that we feel are inappropriate
- We will report and remove any social media profiles that are set up using Stroll’s brand imagery without permission
We will remove, block, ban and/ or report users to the relevant Social Media platform and in serious cases to the police or other appropriate authorities who any messages or activity which we believe:
- Bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation
- Are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- Are deceptive or misleading
- Infringe or violate someone else’s rights
- Violate the law
- Violate any intellectual property rights
- Discuss ongoing legal proceedings
- Are spam (persistent negative and/or abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response)
- Advertise products or services
- Are irrelevant or off-topic
- Are disruptive
- Are repetitive
We will also remove, block, report or ban any user who:
- Encourages others to post such messages
- Uses offensive images as their profile picture
- Has an offensive username
We reserve the right to modify or change these conditions at any time.