We know – insurance docs are pretty much all jargon! All the anacronyms are unfortunately essential - believe it or not they make things easier to understand for the professionals!
So for all you not in the insurance business, we’ve put together this short guide to help you.
Once you’ve bought your policy, you’ll get a confirmation email and access to all of your documents on the Stroll app.
These are essentially contracts so they’re pretty in-depth! These include:
- Certificate and Car Insurance Schedule
- Policy Wording
- Summary of Cover
- Motor Insurance IPID
- Terms of Business Agreement
Certificate of Car Insurance
This super-important document is proof of your car insurance. It contains your:
- Policy number
- Insurer’s name and address
- Vehicle registration
- Name and any additional drivers
- Policy start and end date
- Class of use – for example: social, domestic & pleasure
Your certificate will also tell you if you’re insured to drive other cars. It's best to keep this handy on you at all times!
Car Insurance Schedule
This has some of the same info as above but also contains your:
- The level of cover you've taken out
- Policy add-ons - like Roadside Assistance and Legal Expenses cover
- Total excess - including voluntary and compulsory
- Estimated annual mileage
- Total price
If any of these details aren’t right, get in touch with us straight away.
Statment of Fact
This is an overview of the information you have given us that we believe are facts and it forms part of your insurance contract.
Policy Wording Booklet
This long doc has all the information included in your policy, so it’s important to read it! It includes:
- What you’re covered for and what you’re not.
- Loss or damage
- Fire and theft
- Personal accidents
- Personal belongings
- Medical expenses
- Windscreen damage
- Driving abroad
- How your information is used and shared
Summary of Cover
This shorter doc contains all of the Policy Wording info but easier to read. If you’re having trouble understanding the Policy Wording doc, your Summary of Cover may be clearer.
Car Insurance IPID (Insurance Product Information Doc)
Your IPID is your Insurance Product Information Document. The IPID provides clear answers to questions including:
- What is and isn’t insured?
- Are there any restrictions?
- Which countries am I allowed to drive in?
- When and how do I pay?
- When does the cover start and end?
- How do I cancel the policy?
Terms & Conditions
This is our agreement with you and contains important info about:
- Confidential and data protection
- Providing accurate info to us
- How to make a complaint
If you’re also bought optional extras such as Breakdown Cover or Excess Insurance, you’ll also get documents for these. It’s important to read these too to make sure you know what you’re covered for.
Remember – we’re here if you need us to explain anything else at all!